Building A Reproducible Workflow With Apptainer Workshops May 23 & 24, 2023
Are you struggling moving your research workflow across multiple compute systems because of software installation? Do you need to ensure your work is reproducible on high performance computing (HPC) systems? If so, this workshop is for you!
UBC Advanced Research Computing (ARC) will be hosting a beginner-friendly 2-part course on Building a Reproducible Workflow with Apptainer in (HPC):
- Part I: Obtain and use a pre-built Apptainer Containers, May 23, 2023, 1:00-2:00pm This part will introduce the concepts of Apptainer containers and show how to use the pre-built Apptainer container with the desired tools.
- Part II: Create the custom Apptainer Containers, May 24, 2023, 1:00-2:00pm This part will focus on how to create one's own Apptainer containers by installing the desired tools and editing the containers.
Apptainer is a tool that allows the users to install software, build a reproducible workflow and run analysis in different host environments without a root access.
We also recommend all users read our Technical User Documentation for a general review of UBC ARC Sockeye and for information on specific aspects of our system.
This workshop will be held online by Zoom. Register below for this virtual workshop. A recording of both parts will be posted on UBC ARC’s YouTube channel
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Register for this session register now
- Introduction to Apptainer Container
- Use pre-built Apptainer Container
- Install tools in Apptainer Container
Who Should Attend?
UBC faculty, staff, and students who are currently using high performance computing (HPC) systems such as UBC ARC Sockeye and Alliance (formerly Compute Canada) systems.
- Basic knowledge of the Linux Command line system
- Basic knowledge of HPC file systems (preferred, but not essential)