COVID-19 research involving high-performance computing (HPC)
UBC Advanced Research Computing will provide expedited support for the acquisition and use of HPC resources, including public cloud, for research studies that meet the following criteria:
- Research involves drug, treatments, or medical devices that may be effective in treating or diagnosing COVID-19 with an immediate impact on addressing the pandemic;
- Research that can assist in the immediate tracking of disease spread at a local, national, or international scale;
- Research focusing on optimization of healthcare delivery in the community;
- Applicant is a UBC faculty member; and
- There is a need for high-performance computing.
Researchers looking for access to UBC ARC Sockeye, an on-premise HPC platform or access to public cloud computing resources and credits are encouraged to submit a request below. The Cloud Research Specialist Jeff Gardner can assist with questions about public cloud services.
To request access to Sockeye or public cloud resources (e.g. Azure, AWS), please complete and submit the following form: