Running and Monitoring Jobs on Sockeye Workshop June 26 & 28, 2023
If you have ever asked why your job is not running on UBC ARC Sockeye (“Sockeye”), or been confused as to why your job failed, then this course is for you!
On June 26th and 28th, 1:00pm-2:30pm PDT, UBC ARC will be hosting a two-part workshop that offers foundational skills on how to run, monitor, and troubleshoot jobs. These essential skills will help expedite your research and answer unresolved questions on job running you may have.
We will provide some tricks-and-tips on how to improve your resource requests and make sure your jobs run as soon as they can.
- June 26, 2023, 1-2:30pm: Running jobs on Sockeye
- June 28, 2023, 1-2:30pm: Monitoring and troubleshooting jobs
- Job script tips and ticks
- Answering the question: why isn’t my job running?
- Troubleshooting common job failures
- Optional hands-on exercises
Who Should Attend?
UBC faculty, staff, and students who are currently using high performance computing (HPC) systems such as Sockeye and Alliance (formerly Compute Canada) systems.