ARC is UBC's institutionally dedicated service for researchers across all disciplines working on questions that have large data and computational needs.
Following the introduction of Sockeye and Chinook, ARC has grown the research services it offers. Through training, consultation, research proposal support, hosting survey platforms, and offering commercial cloud computing infrastructure, ARC is constantly evolving to meet the needs of UBC’s leading researchers.
In addition to ARC's systems and support, the unit partners with the Digital Research Alliance of Canada (the Alliance) to ensure UBC researchers have continued access and assistance to leverage the national digital research infrastructure. Through training, consultation, research proposal support, hosting survey platforms and offering commercial cloud computing infrastructure, ARC is constantly evolving to meet the needs of UBC's leading researchers.
ARC's services are provided free-of-charge to the UBC community.
Please contact ARC for support in the following areas or to learn more about the potential role of advanced research computing in a specific research activity:
- Access to the Digital Research Alliance of Canada's digital research infrastructure
- Domain-specific expertise in the Life Sciences, Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Bioinformatics and Data Management
- Interest in leveraging commercial cloud services or pilot credits
- Training on the use of ARC resources for both experienced and inexperienced users
- Pre and post award consultation on proposals with Advanced Research Computing components