The UBC ARC REDCap Flex platform was upgraded on Tuesday, May 24th, 2022.
The UBC ARC REDCap Solid platform was upgraded on Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021.
New Features Include:
- New feature: Multi-Language Management. Users can create and configure multiple display languages for their projects for surveys, data entry forms, alerts, survey invitations, etc. Users can design data collection instruments and have them be displayed in any language that they have defined and translated so that their survey participants or data entry persons can view the text in their preferred language.
- New feature: Form Display Logic. Form Display Logic is an advanced feature that provides a way to use conditional logic to disable specific data entry forms that are displayed on the Record Status Dashboard, Record Home Page, or the form list on the left-hand menu. The Form Display Logic setup can be found by clicking the “Form Display Logic” button at the top of the instrument list in the Online Designer.
- New feature: Conditional logic for Survey Auto-Continue. When enabling Survey Auto-Continue on the Survey Settings page for a survey, users may now optionally specify conditional logic to determine whether or not the auto-continue should be applied. This new option can be used as a simpler alternative to the Survey Queue.
- New feature: Instrument-level Data Export Rights. Users may specify instrument-level privileges regarding a user's data export capabilities on the User Rights page in a project. A user may be given "No Access", "De-Identified", "Remove All Identifier Fields", or "Full Data Set" data export rights for EACH data collection instrument.
New Features include:
- New feature: New logic editor for conditional logic, branching logic, calculations, report filters, etc. In every place where users might add/edit logic or calculations, the new logic editor will be displayed in a modal dialog to provide a better user experience for entering their logic.
- New action tag: @PREFILL - Sets a field's value to static text or dynamic/piped text whenever a data entry form or survey page is loaded, in which it will always overwrite an existing value of the field.
- New action tag: @CALCDATE - Performs a date calculation by adding or subtracting a specified amount of time from a specified date or datetime field and then provides the result as a date or datetime value.
- New action tag: @CALCTEXT - Evaluates logic that is provided inside a @CALCTEXT() function and outputs the result as text, typically performed with an if(x,y,z) function.
- New feature: Integration of Paul Litwin's Stealth Queue external module. New ”Keep the Survey Queue hidden from participants?” setting in the “Set up Survey Queue” dialog on the Online Designer. This setting will keep the Survey Queue table hidden from participants, and will force Auto Start to be enabled for all queue-activated surveys. This is useful if users wish to use the Survey Queue to automatically guide survey participants to the next survey without displaying the queue of surveys.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.